Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Elk Hunt 2011

So when Tom drew out on this big bull hunt he told me that he was going to spent the first two weeks of November hunting.  I thought o.k. whatever, but then the time of the hunt came and that is exactly what he did.  The first week was spent scouting from one mountain range to the next in search of the perfect bull.

He was excited about it and kept count of how many they had seen each day.  Well a few days before the hunt it snowed, who knew this would change the game.  The elk moved and the search began again.  The first few days of the hunt he didn't find anything except cows.  Tom was frustrated and so it trickled down the line.  I am of the mind set that if you are going to get one get it the first day and be done with it.  Five days into the 10 day hunt He told me that if he didn't get one the next day, that was it he was done.
He was true to his word.  The next day he got one. This thing is massive.  He was so excited, almost as much as the people who went with him. Now my only worry is where the heck we are going to hang this thing when it is finished at the taxidermists, I suggested the garage but I don't think that will fly.  Wish me luck! Also, there is a video here if you want to see how the whole thing went down, it is a little sad if you ask me, but the jerky we made is pretty tasty.

2 comments:

Cambodia is an amazing experience said...

you can hang it in our game room. We built the room just for that and have a few lousy fish. What a great elk

Rastreator said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.