Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween Week

Just like last year Halloween turned into a week long event.  It is always fun but can be so exhausting. On Monday we celebrated with a FHE at G and G Thalman's house.  There were a lot of fun games played and yummy food eaten.  Wednesday was our ward Halloween party. This was the first time the kids dressed up so they were excited about it. 
 We had a cute M & M and a tiny chicken
 A Shaggy Dog
A skeleton Pirate and Hawiian tourist complete with board shorts, thermals, and socks with sandals.
Friday was party day at school.  I am not really sure why it was changed to Friday since Halloween was on Monday but the kids had a fun time anyway.  The annual parade was in the morning and it actually wasn't freezing cold for a change so the kids didn't have to wear coats over their costumes.  Emma loved her shaggy dog costume.  She said it kept her pretty warm and she looks so darn cute, just don't call her a poodle.  The story behind this costume:  She wanted to be a dog since last Halloween, I kept hoping I could talk her into something else, I mean we already have a really cute witch/pirate/vampire costume in her size.  Nothing I said would change her mind she wanted to be a dog.  I was at a loss, she didn't like any dog costume we found online.  So I told her to find a picture of the dog she wanted to be and we would figure it out.  She found one of a very shaggy dog with matted fur and claimed that was it.  So I got to work, knowing for sure the entire time I was looping and sewing yarn that she was going to hate it and not wear it.  When she got home from school that afternoon she promptly asked if I had worked on her costume. I very hesitantly showed her what I had come up with and asked her to try it on.  She took it in the bathroom and I waited and waited.  When she finally came out she had a smile on her face and proclaimed that she LOVED it.  I breathed a sigh of relief and knew that she really did love it because she wore it for the rest of the day.
I missed getting a picture of C.J. during the parade, well from the front anyway.  So I went to his classroom and took this one where he is looking very distracted.  He was this same thing last year, and unlike his sisters could care less about that.  When i asked him what he wanted to be he said, "It doesn't really matter, people will give me candy as long as I dress up." Boys are so much easier in some ways. I makes a handsome skeleton pirate if you ask me!
Later that afternoon C.J. made a new friend our on our driveway.  I hate snakes so much it is not even funny, but he became obsessed.  He asked me questions about snakes all day and kept telling me he was going to bring it in the house. 
Thank goodness he never did and eventually the snake made its way up the street and hopefully back to its home by the canal.  But I sure was surprised to see that Madison is just as afraid as I am, she wouldn't even go outside for the rest of the day.
It was also dress up day for Madison at her school.  I went and helped with her party in her class, but forgot to take my camera, so no pictures of that one, but it was a fun day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What cuties! Love your blog- you take great photos!

www.suite4e.com