Thursday, June 2, 2011

You've had a birthday shout hooray

Yep she did it, she went and turned 10, double digits, without even asking me.  I guess there is not much I could have done, but really...this just makes me feel old.  We started out the day with breakfast in bed, a family tradition.  After church we celebrated with lunch and a zingers cake,  I will admit that I didn't have a lot of time to put it together since we had been to Lagoon the day before, but Madison loved it.

She blew out the candles and it was official she was ten years old!

We played some minute-to-win-it games
Then it was time for presents.  She was so excited to get some new books from g and g Bogh.  I swear I can't keep this girl in reading material, so they were the perfect gift.

 
Madison wanted a new bike for her birthday.  We gave in and let her have it early.  She had sold her bike at a yard sale where all of the money was given to someone in need.  Her old bike was too small and had about a million miles on it so she was due for a new one.  We kept telling her that she wasn't going to get anything for her birthday because she already got her bike, and she was ok with that, to it made the rollerblades an extra surprise.  She was not expecting them so it made it even more fun.  
She also got to skype g and g Thalman that evening which is always fun.
Happy Birthday to my sweet and spunky 10 year old.  I hope the next 10 years go much, much slower.

No comments: