Sunday, June 19, 2011

Memorial Day

We decided to take our kids to visit the grave sites of members of our family.  The picture above is where my Grandpa is buried.  He died before I was born but my grandma has told us many stories about him and what an amazing man he was.
This is where my Great-Grandparents are buried, next to my grandpa.  My Great-grandma Esther was the most amazing woman.  I remember going to her house as a kid and she always gave us vanilla ice cream in a cake cone.  She died when I was about 14 but I remember so much about her.  Her maiden name was Jensen and that is where C.J. got part of his name.
My Grandma came up to the cemetery while we were there.  It was really good to see her there and visit with her.

We then went to see where Tom's grandparents are buried.  Tom's grandpa died before he was born, but he remembers spending time with his grandma.  I thing he talks about the most is when I flew to CA to stay with her and she took him to his first MLB game.  She is also Maidson's name sake.  The kids like to talk about grandma Iris and learn more about her.  C.J. was also named after Great- Grandpa and Grandpa Bogh

No comments: