Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh January..

I would have to say that January is my least favorite month of the year,  it always drags on in the cold and snow when I am ready for spring.  What do we do to get through it all..

 Madison did a service project to collect money for children in Cambodia.  The money will go to help make school kits for the children.  She was really excited to see all that had been collected.

 C.J. is determined to get this little girl crawling.  He is always on the floor showing her how to crawl and tells me that she just needs to move her arms.  She is great at the backwards crawl and as far as I am concerned that is good enough.  She can't be old enough to crawl, she was just born.
 Allie has been eating her veggies

before dessert
 
 and eating chocolate cake batter from the bowl.  They look so serious trying to get every last drop. yum!

Madison had her piano recital and did a great job.  She got pretty nervous before it was her turn to play and I have to agree that when you are number 14 out of 20 that is a long time to be nervous, but she did it and survived.

So where has Emma been during all of this, well this poor girl has been sick, so she has been playing a lot of games and watching too much t.v.  She started out with a cold that turned into an ear infection and after treating that she still wasn't getting any better.  She still had a high fever and was pale as a ghost.  When she told me that it was pink when she went to the bathroom I know why she wasn't getting better.  She had a kidney infection that was very severe, but never complained about it a stomach ache or anything, the poor girl.  The doctor said that her urine was 50% blood and puss, sorry, that is really gross, but it explains why she was so sick.  After an injection of antibiotics and a prescription with a broader spectrum she is feeling a thousand times better and we are happy about that.  She is sure that the sucker and animal shaped bracelets made her all better, and I will let her think that.
So now that January is almost over I am excited for February because it is a short months and I like short things, like my kids, and maybe it will be sprinkled with a few warm day...here's hoping

4 comments:

Sarah Bogh said...

wow Emily, how sad the Emma was so sick! How do you get Kidney infections? Crazy!
I'm glad she is feeling better!
How cool of Madison to raise money like that! What a good girl!
and I love the pics of C.J. and Allie!!! You have such darling kids, I love when you post so we can see more of them!

Lindsay said...

haha - "i like short things." :) Cute pictures, Em. Hope you guys are doing well.

Leslie Butler said...

It looks like you guys have been having some fun times. Poor little Emma. I had no idea she was so sick! Hopefully she is feeling better!

Cambodia is an amazing experience said...

We are happy Jan is over too, but not because of the cold. Glad Emma is better and looking at the change for Cambodia it brought tears to eyes. That will do so much for these poor kids over here. Keep working on her crawling CJ. She looks pretty close and then she will be into everything. How fun. Love you all a lot.