Sunday, December 2, 2012

Santa is comin'

We are starting to get excited about the holidays around our house.  We made our annual stop to see Santa on main street. Lists were whispered into Santa's listening ears, and even Allie wasn't afraid to sit on his knee.  She asked for a princess crown.
While decorating our house for Christmas we have been playing some great music.  When playing a Mindy Gledhill C.D. the song from Babes in Toyland came on.  I was singing a long when the big girls looked at me strange and asked how I knew this song. 

I told them it was from Babes in Toyland thinking they would totally know what I was talking about, but nothing, just blank stares, so I was on a search for that movie.  The local movie rental place (we only have one left since redbox entered the world) actually had it, only on VHS, but for .99 cents for 5 days we took it home. Yes we still have a VCR to use in situations like these.
I think the kids thought it was wierd at first, it moves much slower than movies these days, they ended up really liking it.  C.J. kept telling me I must be really old since I watched this as a kid and it was really old.  Kids are good at reminding us of those wonderful little details.
I really need to check out the other movies that are available, I think there are a lot that our kids would love. 
So we begin this wonderful time of year and all of the crazy business that comes along with it.  Happy Holidays! Now if only we can keep our shelf elf  Freddy around we will have happy kids.