Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tree choppin

We had a fun time hunting for trees, the only kind of hunting I will do.  We bundled up and rode 4-wheelers up the canyon to begin our search.
We had a lot of help from cousins, which always makes it more fun.  We soon realized that we had dressed much to warmly and the best thing we could do was try and stay out of the mud.
I think everyone was pretty worn out by the end of our adventure, and I didn't even get a picture of the tree.
A few days later we finally got to decorating our trees.
Allie fell in love with these ornaments, she wanted them right where she could reach them, I thought that would be alright
until the next day when I found her in the corner hoarding her 'eggs'.  Only one got broken and I think it scared her enough that she hasn't tried to collect them again.
C.J. jumped right in to help me place them higher up on the tree.
We also recieved a special package from the Norht Pole and inside was none other than an Elf on the Shelf.  This is a new concept for us, but seems to be working like a charm.  His name if Freddy and we love that magic that he brings with him to make our holidays even more fun.

The first morning after his arrival we found him doing pull ups in the hallway.  He has continued to return every morning in a new spot.  C.J. can't decide if he is more funny or more cleaver.

No comments: