Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Break

We were excited to finally have our spring break the few days before Easter.  So to kick it off we colored eggs.  G and G Bogh had given us some fresh eggs from their chickens, so they were already brown, tan and green, so when C.J. came to the table and opened the carton he was so disappointed and said "you colored all the eggs without me." It was pretty funny as I tried to explain that not all eggs are white.
No matter what we try the kids always end up with grayish green hands from the dye.  I kept telling them to use the spoons, but they didn't care .

We got all of the eggs colored, even the ones that were already colored to being with.  This is a tradition that I have a love/hate relationship with.  This year actually went pretty well, none of the dye was spilled and I think Allie only threw 3 eggs on the floor.  I will say it was a success!

2 comments:

LC said...

You make everyday life beautiful with your pictures! Love the new ones above of the family!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.