Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So long January

Typically I don't like January very much it seems long and cold, but this year wasn't too bad.  The weather was pretty nice, almost spring like some days, and it made the month much more enjoyable.  Here are just a few of the undocumented event of the the month.

Madison ran for class secretary and won.  Her class has been learning about government and how it all works, and about the election process.  So there were nominations and campaigns and parties and all the fun stuff that goes along with it.  So many nights it was mom I need a slogan, or I need to give a speech, or what qualities does a good leader possess.  We would figure something out and apparently it worked.  She is loving 5th grade, her teacher and her friends.  She attends an early morning math class for accelerated students and still hates the weekends because she would rather be at school.  We sure do love this girl.
Allie has decided that coookees are her new favorite food.  She asks for one as soon as she wakes up in the morning and periodically throughout the day, and how can you resist a plea from this cute thing.  I have found the best sugar cookie recipe and also a ten year old who loves to bake, so it makes it much less work for me. (notice her necklace and bracelet, those are her daily accessories)

The snow, I had almost given up on it this year.  I am of the mindset that if there isn't any snow for Christmas then don't bother, but I also don't want it to snow in May, so along with the cold we got about 6 inches of the white stuff and the kids, and their dad, loved it
We bought this new sled after our old one broke, and the kids loved it, Tom on the other hand said it made it way to hard to dump the kids out.
Allie loves babies.  She is always packing one around and giving it kisses or hugs.  She will often bring me her doll and say that she is stinky.  She love to change their clothes and name all the body parts.  She is going to be a great mom one day.
Emma earned her Liberty Kids badge at school.  It is a service oriented program the teach the kids about giving and about our country.  She had to memorize some quotes and explain what they mean to her, as well and learning more about our country's flag.  She also had to have her teacher sign off that she was a good student and was kind to others.  She is such an amazing girl and we are so proud of the time she spent earning her award.

C.J. has been so busy playing with friends this month.  He is such a fun boy, and oh so smart.  He is reading everything in sight and playing really hard.  He loves to play the i-pad or on Tom's phone all the time.  If it were up to him he would spend is day doing just that.  I can play all these games that I don't even get.  Kid are so smart it is amazing to me.  So now we move on to the month of February.  I just told C.J. it is the month of love, and he told me I am weird! The truth hurts I guess, here is to a new month.

1 comment:

Katie Jane said...

Way to go and make January entertaining! Love how you set up the pics of Allie. So precious!