Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Swallowed by stuffed animal

 We have a problem at our house, to many stuffed animals.  The girls decided that they wanted to watch a movie with all of them and I couldn't believe how many we have.  The sad thing is we have had a standing rule at our house that we don't buy stuffed animals, it has been in place for a few years now, but we are still over flowing with stuffing.  Lots of these have a story behind them and each and everyone has a name, but my goodness how many do we need. Emma got Bolt before a surgery, Doug and Bullseye came from Disneyland, then there are Madison's Webkinz.  I think she has about 15 of them, and we only purchased 2 of them.  The others she received as gifts and she won 5 of them from Hallmark.  These toys have a way of squishing their way into our lives.
 The girls informed me that this giant pile isn't even all of them, I hear some spring cleaning calling my name, but getting rid of one is like pulling a tooth or destroying a friendship.
I will admit that I had an affinity for stuffed animals when I was a kid.  I even saved enough money to buy a pet net to hang in my room and would spend hours rearranging all of my stuffed animals.  I think my mom hated that tacky thing hanging in the corner of my room, and my girls have returned the favor because stuffed animals are piled in their rooms in an unruly manner that they seem to love. Payback can be so painful.

No comments: