Friday, March 16, 2012

Grandma Lois

 My grandma Lois passed away at this month.  We love her so much and will miss her dearly, but we are also happy for her to be on the other side with all those she loves and missed so much.
She lived an exemplary life of service and love.  I have so many memories of my grandma. I spent lots of time at her house with my cousins while I was growing up.  She would let us eat on T.V trays in the family and tuck us in so tight at night we could barely move.  She would paint my fingernails and give me bottles of Avon perfume before I left her house.  She always took me birthday shopping and would call on the morning of my birthday singing to me.  
She was a great cook and would show up with dishes full of food at every event or holiday.  She was famous for her rolls and orange fruit salad. 
 

While my parents were on their mission she took it as her responsibility to take care of everyone.  She would call me at least once a week to make sure that everyone was doing okay.  When Allie was born she was at our house with food and the desire to do laundry and clean the house.  She loved to serve her family and friends and I always felt loved in her presence.
(June 2010) I love you grandma, Till we meet again.


No comments: