Monday, February 23, 2009

Capybara?


So in 2nd grade all of the students do an animal report. Most of the kids choose animals that they really like, have a webkin of, or you have at least heard of, but not Madison. She came home from school about a month ago and told me that she was going to do her report on a Capybara!? I had no idea what this animal was, I said why don't you do an elephant or lion, no way she was doing a capybara, so that is what she did. If you don't know a capybara is the largest rodent in the world I(yuck) it is about the sieze of a pig and lives in South America. They can hold their breath for about 5 minutes and have webbed feet. The only good thing about them is that they don't have that long disgusting tail that most rodents have. Madison thinks that they are just so cute, I guess we each have our own opionion. Anyway, she did a great job on her report and all of the other students were very interested in this animal, and I guess school is about learning new things.

3 comments:

Leslie Butler said...

Good for her for choosing an original animal (even if it is a rodent!)I'm sure she did a great job just like she does on everything else.

Katie Jane said...

That really WAS hilarious that she picked that. I am glad that I am not the only one that was unclear on the subject. She just acted like she was excited to enlighten me on the subject. So cute!

Annie said...

There is a funny book that you should check out of the library call Hooway for Wondey Wat by Helen Lester. It is about a rat and a Capybara. It's a cute little story.