Thursday, August 21, 2014

First day of School '14-'15

 I still can't believe that school has started again already…where did our summer go? In spite of the fact that I was not ready for them to go back, I would love to keep them home with me all the time, but I know that home school would never work, and they would never forgive me since they really do like school, I sent them back.  By far the worst day of the year for me!

 Madison is in 8th grade this year..gulp.. It seems as though I was just in 8th grade myself and now my own daughter is there, may that makes me feel old.  She wasn't super excited to go back this year for the school part anyway, but to see friends everyday is the reason most of us went to school anyway.  She had a great first day.  She was bummed when she found out that she had a bottom locker.  She had a top one in 6th grade when she could hardly see to put her combo in and had a bottom in 7th.  What happened to all 8th graders having top lockers? She loves to be busy and has already started traveling volleyball as well as pitching practice, she will also take dance, pointe and piano lessons this year.  She handles everything very well along with being so kind, talented and beautiful.  I LOVE having a teenager at our house!

 Emma will be in 5th grade! How is she this old?  She is by far the shortest student in her grade, and she loves it.  In her words "you get all the attention and when you get older you can date any of the boys".  Smart girl I say.  She had a great first day and is so excited to have a teacher who loves writing. He has encouraged them to write in their journal everyday this year and she has taken that to heart.  I love that she will be able to look back at those memories when she is older. She loves to ride her bike to school since she hates the "stinky bus".  I don't blame her.  She is excited to take dance lessons again this year and Piano lessons.  She hates to be busy and definitely needs her down time.  Her traditional jump picture looks as if she is levitating.  Love it, and love her!

C.J. is in 3rd grade this year.  He was definitely the most nervous about the first day of school.  New school, new class, but he did awesome and had a great day!  He was excited to earn 2 busy bucks on the first day and can't wait until he can use them to buy things at the class store.  He has a great teacher this year and some friends from his class last year.  He loves recess where he can play with Caleb.  He is excited to start playing soccer next week and even more for the field trip to Gooseberry.  I love the Gooseberry tradition and that it has hardly changed since I went at a 3rd grader.  Man oh man do I love this boy!  He is so kind and considerate of others and tells me he love me about 10 times a day, I hope that never changes.

Allie doesn't start preschool until September so we are enjoying our time together.  She only asked me about 14 times when the kids were going to be home, that was by 10 o'clock in the mooring.  It will take some time for her to adjust for sure.  We like reading stories, doing puzzles, and playing with Jessa.

We are off to a great start and I am excited to see what this new year will bring for all of us!

No comments: