Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

I seriously feel like the kids just barely got out of school for the summer and here we are going back again.  The kids were excited and ready, me not so much.  I love having my kids home all the time, I miss them so much when they are at school. But, no matter what I want they are back in school, all three of them, all day long...

 Madison is is 6th grade so that means middle school for her.  She has been  a little nervous all summer, but after orientation and figuring out where she needed to be and practicing her locker combination about a thousand times she was ready to go.

 Emma was excited too. She is in 3rd grade this year, which means a new school for her as well.  We went a few days early to meet her teacher and find her desk and make sure she knew where the bathroom was, and she was set.  She is excited to go to school and is especially excited about the field trip to Gooseberry in a few weeks.

 C.J. is in 1st grade, which means school all day long.  I think he was excited, but a bit nervous, or maybe he is just a boy and is like whatever no big deal.  He got to meet his teacher the day before school started as well so he felt good about it all. 

 This little lady is the one having the hardest time with the kids being gone all day.  We went out to play in the rain with her new 'lumlella' (umbrella).  She had been asking for her 'guys' (madi, emma, c.j.) all day.  When I told her it wasn't time to pick them up yet for about the 20th time, the face on the right is what I got, she missed them so much that first day and everyday since.

After school we went to the dairy for ice cream and everyone told us about their day.  The first day was a success for all of them.  They enjoyed it and I guess I will survive without them, but I doesn't mean that I am happy about it.

No comments: